Sunday, 9 October 2011

Amanda Roberts, Strictly Shimmer (2010)


Not, so far as I know, a relation; although if they asked me to write a Strictly tie-in I'd positively leap at the chance, so maybe it's a Roberts thing. You can read excerpts here, but I believe I need to do no more than quote the opening paragraph:
The first time I walked onto the dance floor, I had to pretend I wasn’t gawping. My eyes must have been spinning like disco balls as I tried to take it all in. I gripped the clipboard I had just been handed as tightly as I could, in the desperate hope that this might keep me calm. Chloe, my new colleague, walked straight across the dance floor as if it were nothing more than a studio, and I trotted along behind her, trying to keep my pulse rate – and my eyes – down.
The eyes! The eyes! I'm sold, and so is Thog.

4 comments:

Aishwarya said...

"Amanda Roberts" anagrams to "an Adam Roberts". I think this is significant.

Adam Roberts said...

It also anagrams to: 'Adam Roberts N/A'.

Richard B said...

Ah, the old "eyes ... like disco balls"

That's never a disturbing image.

Adam Roberts said...

Cylons!