Monday, 1 December 2008

Ian R. MacLeod, Song of Time (2008)

My review of Ian R. MacLeod's Song of Time has just been posted at Strange Horizons. Seriously, though, I pick nits with that book. Musical nits, French nits, defition-of-resolutely nits. I was in some nit-afflicted place when I wrote that review, like the guy in the first paragraph of Dick's Scanner Darkly. You may hope for more than this from a review. If so I direct your attention to Martin Lewis's excellent review of Dead Set at the same venue, which is rather better.

2 comments:

Abigail Nussbaum said...

Actually, I was just telling Niall how much I enjoyed this review. In general, I really like the way you focus on language and word choices in your reviews - it's something that I'd like to develop in my own reading and reviewing.

Adam Roberts said...

Thanks, Abigail.